- Making Science is a leading digital marketing and technology consulting firm which is listed in the Madrid Stock Exchange. We are currently expanding our operations internationally, and our offices are located in Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Mexico City, Bogota, Milan, London and Dublin. We are a company that specializes in providing comprehensive marketing and technological solutions for digital businesses. Our team is composed of more than 400 digital professionals who have a wide knowledge in the different stages and disciplines of the digital transformation: Digital Strategy, Infrastructures, Software Development, Creativity and UX/UI Design, Digital Marketing and Big Data.
- Making Science is People Centric, and we actively bet on our employees! We believe that they are the key to any successful business, and therefore, our greatest asset. We strive to provide daily learning opportunities for those who work with us and their colleagues. It is also really important that they enjoy what they do, and have positive experiences. We want our employees to feel proud of their accomplishments, and that they belong to a company that is in constant growth, because each person’s contribution is essential to achieve our success.
Some details about your department
- We develop quality software that solves concrete problems in an elegant and efficient way. We monitor the emergence of new technologies, and incorporate those that we consider most useful and promising into our processes.
- Currently, we develop microservices through Docker containers, orchestrated with docker-compose and kubernets. We rely on a lot of technologies that are supported by cloud environments, mainly Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services. Our stack also includes tools to distribute the process load, like Celery to organize tasks and Apache Kafka to mount messaging buses. We also use Redis as a cache to improve the efficiency of our developments.
- The software version control is at the base of our development processes. We mainly use GIT with Bitbucket and generally follow Gitflow policies. The version control allows us to implement continuous integration processes with Jenkins or Bitbucket Pipelines. In addition, we organize our work using agile techniques, generally SCRUM, and also JIRA-Agile, which is integrated with the version control system.
- When we develop, we do so by following best practices that are derived from community created standards such as PEP8. We also create and maintain our own best practices guide. Each new functionality is accompanied by unit tests, to guarantee good software coverage and the creation of useful documentation.
- We have also included a centralized management for the logs generated by our programs to the classic debugging techniques. For this we use Graylog. We are also able to record the way in which a request crosses the entire microservices network, measuring the time spent in each of the jumps and the partial results of each stage, with Jaeger, Zipkin or Dynatrace.
What we’d like you to do:
- Develop API Rest web services using Python, and backend software components.
- Provide guidelines, advice, and technical quality control to other software engineers that participate in the project.
- Participate in the development of our own products, as well as external projects for our clients, always from our offices.
- Interact with the software architect and project manager, assuming at times their responsibilities.
What we’d like you to bring:
- You possess full-stack experience and knowledge.
- You know how to use Git code management and version control tools such as Bitbucket and/or GitHub.
- You are detail oriented, and have good organization, communication, and teamwork skills.
- We are looking for someone who’s proactive and eager to learn, and has the capacity to adapt to new challenges with a positive attitude.
Perks of joining us
- We give you complete stability with an indefinite job contract.
- We offer a fixed salary according to your worth and experience, plus a performance based bonus.
- Get the most out of your salary with our Flexible Payment Plan (Restaurant Ticket, Transportation Ticket, Day Care Ticket, and Medical Insurance.
- Do you know someone that fits in Making Science? Refer him or her, and you can get a bonus if they’re hired!
- Feedback is part of our day to day lives. We recognize a job well done through a continuous feedback model.
- We care about a healthy work-life balance. You can count on having flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home.
- You will never stop learning with us: subsidized training, free language classes, learning capsules, an e-learning platform, and many more.
- Pack your bags, you’ll have 26 vacation days!
- Work comfortably and follow your own style, because we don’t have a dress code.
- Be a part of a young, adventurous, and professional team, with people you’ll grow fond of!
We are waiting for you!