- Making Science is a leading digital marketing and technology consulting firm, that is listed in the Madrid Stock Exchange. We are currently expanding our operations internationally, and our offices are located in Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Mallorca, Alicante, Lisboa, París, Mexico City, Bogota, Tbilisi, Milan, London, and Dublin. We are a company that specializes in providing comprehensive marketing and technological solutions for digital businesses. Our team is composed of more than 1.000 digital native professionals, who have a wide knowledge in the different stages and disciplines of the digital transformation: Digital Strategy, Infrastructures, Software Development, Creativity and UX/UI Design, Digital Marketing, and Big Data.
- Making Science is People Centric, and we actively bet on our employees! We believe that they are the key to any successful business, and therefore, our greatest asset. We strive to provide daily learning opportunities for those who work with us and their colleagues. It is also really important that they enjoy what they do, and have positive experiences. We want our employees to feel proud of their accomplishments, and that they belong to a company that is in constant growth, because each person’s contribution is essential to achieve our success. Do you want to be part of this great family?
Some details about your department
- The First Party Data /DataOPs BUsiness Unit is an expert provider of tailored information technology solutions. We are pioneers in the application of Big Data, Cloud and Machine Learning technologies to meet real-time business challenges and are continuously innovating in these areas, evaluating and incorporating the latest tools.
- The technical environment is demanding whereby our solutions are deployed in very large companies supporting billions of events processed per day and millions of concurrent user sessions. Being a very early adopter, the Company has been leveraging some of the latest technologies in the area of Big Data and machine learning over the past 10 years.
What we’d like you to do:
Senior architect/developer role for a number of mission critical initiatives and extremely large workloads with an emphasis in continuous analytics.
Recommending, designing and defending new software architectures for new projects that do not follow existing design patterns and subsequently guiding and reviewing detailed designs and software coding of more software development team members.
Create cloud architecture slide-decks (presentations) for customers & partners
Participate in customer & partner presentations when necessary to support technical reviews of proposed solutions.
Lead cloud auditing projects documenting observations, making recommendations and defining implementation planning.
Assist/participate in customer strategy projects
Work with the company CTO, Architecture & infrastructure team to select adequate solution deployments in AWS, Azure, GCP and on-premise (hw/sw).
Assist teams with performance tuning or stability challenges with existing production deployments.
Assist the Business Unit director in defining new technical strategies for DataOps project implementations.
Conduct Making Science technical software academies in Data Engineering, DataOps, MLOps, etc.
What we’d like you to bring:
Software High Level Design
Software design patterns
Software low-level design
Telco or ISP
Expert C/C++, Java programming
Expert in Linux
Expert in SQL
Git, CI/CD experience
bash, shell or similar scripting
Excellent verbal communications skills english and Spanish
English writing skills is required
We also value:
Cloud deployment experience desirable
Cloud Certifications in AWS, Azure GCP
Linux Systems Administration
Hadoop, Snowflake experience spark, flink, beam experience / knowledge
Perks of joining us
- We give you complete stability with an indefinite job contract.
- We offer a fixed salary according to your worth and experience, plus a performance based bonus.
- Get the most out of your salary with our Flexible Payment Plan (Restaurant Ticket, Transportation Ticket, Day Care Ticket, and Medical Insurance.
- Do you know someone that fits in Making Science? Refer him or her, and you can get a bonus if they’re hired!
- Feedback is part of our day to day lives. We recognize a job well done through a continuous feedback model.
- We care about a healthy work-life balance. You can count on having flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home.
- You will never stop learning with us: subsidized training, learning capsules, an e-learning platform, and many more.
- Pack your bags, you’ll have 26 vacation days!
- Work comfortably and follow your own style, because we don’t have a dress code.
- We know how to have a good time! Monthly TGIF events, 5V, and much more!
- Be a part of a young, adventurous, and professional team, with people you’ll grow fond of!
We are waiting for you!