- Making Science is a leading digital marketing and technology consulting firm, that is listed in the Madrid Stock Exchange. We are currently expanding our operations internationally, and our offices are located in Madrid, Barcelona, Lisboa, París, Mexico City, Milan, USA and Dublin. We are a company that specializes in providing comprehensive marketing and technological solutions for digital businesses. Our team is composed of more than 300 digital native professionals, who have a wide knowledge in the different stages and disciplines of the digital transformation: Digital Strategy, Infrastructures, Software Development, Creativity and UX/UI Design, Digital Marketing, and Big Data.
- Making Science is People Centric, and we actively bet on our employees! We believe that they are the key to any successful business, and therefore, our greatest asset. We strive to provide daily learning opportunities for those who work with us and their colleagues. It is also really important that they enjoy what they do, and have positive experiences. We want our employees to feel proud of their accomplishments, and that they belong to a company that is in constant growth, because each person’s contribution is essential to achieve our success. Do you want to be part of this great family?
Some details about your department
- We develop quality software that solves concrete problems in an elegant and efficient way. We monitor the emergence of new technologies, and incorporate those that we consider most useful and promising into our processes.
What we’d like you to do:
In this position, you will be mainly working with Optimization tools such as Optimizely, Monetate, Google Optimize, etc.
- Develop changes to existing websites with JS/CSS
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
What we’d like you to bring:
- Knowledge of optimization and analytics tools (Monetate-VWO-Adobe Target-GA-Adobe Analytics)
- Proficiency in Frontend development: JS, CSS, HTML (+ interest and ability to learn clients’ coding languages and optimization systems); mastery of WordPress is essential
- Ability to prioritize effectively (prior experience tracking detailed time preferred); always asking “Why?” to make sure that we are measuring the right metrics
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, like LESS and SASS
- Understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
- Full Stack and DTM knowledge is a Plus
- Tools: Monetate, VWO, Adobe Target, Google Optimize
- Languages: HTML, JS, CSS, English
Perks of joining us
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- 21 paid days off per year
- Competitive salary
- Ability to work remotely
- The opportunity to work in a fast-growing company with peers who will challenge you to grow each day